Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Other slave girls killed?

Oliver

Had a thought recently - Leia and Luke blow up the entire sail barge, presumably killing all on board. Do you think this includes slaves who shared Leia's predicament, or do we assume that Leia was the only slave and the rest of his entourage were paid dancers?

Pretty cold of Leia to have a hand in killing people as helpless as she was.

March 12, 2016 at 2:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

scott slave embrace

There might have been a few other slaves on board performing other duties but it's never touched on however, but i think there has to have been, to organize drinks for an example. And i'm pretty sure when Luke told Leia to point the cannon to the deck, neither of them were in the frame of mind to consider the possibility of murdering other slaves, being in the moment of survival and escape in a very intense situation for both of them. Or the script just said to do that and it's a cold moment to nitpick at. 

March 12, 2016 at 3:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jabba626

Well there is also the good possiblity there were no other slaves on board except for Leia.  To prove this in one of the comic books and in Tales from Jabba's Palace Mara Jade tried to get on board the sail barage to make sure they succeed in kiling Luke and the others however Jabba denies her to come aboard and she and others are left behind. And this is now sadly information that is considered Noncannon due to Disney I'm afraid.  But there is the other prove that droids were doing the work and not slaves.  R2D2 was assigned to work Jabba's Sail Barage serving drinks and we've seen other droids cooking and preparing food and drinks before.  Who's to say they weren't the ones doing such things on board below deck.  Plus in the books and comics I believe they even mention that droids have gone missing on the sail barage when EV-9D9 explains this R2 in order to help scare him into shape and to obey his new masters.  So there is a very good and high probability that there were no other slaves or slave girls on board at the time.

March 12, 2016 at 9:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

scott slave embrace

Jabba626 at March 12, 2016 at 9:46 AM

Well there is also the good possiblity there were no other slaves on board except for Leia.  To prove this in one of the comic books and in Tales from Jabba's Palace Mara Jade tried to get on board the sail barage to make sure they succeed in kiling Luke and the others however Jabba denies her to come aboard and she and others are left behind. And this is now sadly information that is considered Noncannon due to Disney I'm afraid.  But there is the other prove that droids were doing the work and not slaves.  R2D2 was assigned to work Jabba's Sail Barage serving drinks and we've seen other droids cooking and preparing food and drinks before.  Who's to say they weren't the ones doing such things on board below deck.  Plus in the books and comics I believe they even mention that droids have gone missing on the sail barage when EV-9D9 explains this R2 in order to help scare him into shape and to obey his new masters.  So there is a very good and high probability that there were no other slaves or slave girls on board at the time.

You make a good point. There probably weren't any other Slaves on board and Droids did do all of the work, but it still could be possible there were at least one or two, just saying.

Personal note- Disney can spread all of the trash it wants, Mara Jade's existence and her part in ROTJ did happen in my view; don't feel discouraged because they say a story you like now means nothing.    

March 21, 2016 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.