Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Does what Jabba did to Leia count as kidnapping?

TheChanged

Something that's always bothered me since I was a kid (ok, maybe not but it's bothered me nontheless) doesn't what Jabba did to Leia count as kidnapping?  

July 8, 2015 at 2:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eclipse12

More like slavery

July 8, 2015 at 9:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheChanged

Well but he didn't buy her, she wasn't sworn to him by someone.  It just seems to me  the eyes of the law (if they existed on Tatooine) would see it as kidnapping.

--

Tatooine: It's a bigger shit-hole full of people who steal.

July 9, 2015 at 3:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Oliver

Also, it might matter how the law would see Leia's trespassing and destruction of property. For all we know, in Jabba's territory, enslavement IS an acceptable punishment for those crimes.

July 16, 2015 at 5:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jabba the slave master
I guess it could be more or less seen as kidnapping. But Leia did trespass on jabbas property and did trchnically destroy his property. And most likely on tatooine if that happens I guess you can do whatever to that person. In this case what leia did was illegal so he could whatever he wants to her, so in this case force her into slavery and keep leia as his own personal sex slave.
July 20, 2015 at 9:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jabba the slave master
And also she did go in of her own accord. More like illegal imprisonment, and Illegally detained and gross sexual imposition. Accent on the gross.
July 20, 2015 at 11:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kooshmeister

Leia wasn't nabbed somewhere else and then brought to the palace. She entered the palace of her own free will, in disguise, and got found out. She was captured, not kidnapped.

--

Unlike Threepio, I can bear to watch.

August 15, 2015 at 2:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.